🤗 EatMyBananas.com Is One Of The Top 50 Filipino Food Blogs And Websites To Follow In 2021 On Feedspot.com 😍
Squid in olive oil is one of the popular dishes in my favorite resto, MESA. I miss it a lot and that’s why I decided to cook some at home. This is not the resto’s recipe but I think it’s close enough. 😃
Table of Contents
Squid In Olive Oil Is A Versatile Dish
Squid in olive oil goes so well with steamed rice, adlai, toast, and/or your favorite happy hour drink. Cheers! 😄
You can always opt to eat it as a main dish, paired with some hot steaming rice.
You can also eat it as pulutan, paired with some of your favorite cocktails. Read Related: Kuhol: Edible Golden Apple Snails
A Squid In Olive Oil Recipe
Here’s the list of ingredients that you will need.
- 1/2 kilo baby or small squid
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 2 pcs green chili (the one we use for sinigang)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- Salt & pepper to taste
Let’s Get Cooking
1. Heat the pan and place 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Fry the squid for just 1 minute or until the liquid from the squid comes out. Set aside.
2. Using the same pan, pour in 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil then sautee the garlic, chili, and bay leaf. Add the squid without its liquid for a minute. Add the soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir for another minute then turn off the heat.
Total cooking time for the squid must not go beyond 4 minutes. This recipe serves 2-3 persons.
There you have it. You can enjoy some squid in olive oil within the comfort of your home. No need to go out.
Have you ever tried cooking some squid in olive oil? How do you cook it? Feel free to share your recipe with us.